Powered by Blogger.

A Recipe For You; Weigh-in "Wednesday"

>> 2.15.2013

Today I wanted to share a baked oatmeal recipe that I found online-- but desperately had to tweak because it was SUPER high in calories!  Original recipe: 462 calories PER serving!  (Too much for my breakfast, folks!)  MY recipe: 216 (according to my "spark" online site calorie calculator) !!!  Now that is a number my body can live with!  Here it is:

3 C oats (I use Old Fashioned...not instant, not steel-cut)
1/2 C brown sugar
1-2 TBSP cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
    Mix these together in one bowl.
1 egg, whole
1 egg white
1/4 C melted butter
1 1/4 C Almond Milk (I've used both sweetened and unsweetened and I can't tell a difference between the two taste-wise)
    Whisk these together in a separate bowl.  (You CAN mix it all in one bowl, of course, and save yourself a dish BUT I've found that the result is a more "eggy" baked oatmeal at the end...for whatever that's worth=)

Mix the two bowls together and then the mixture put in a 9 x 9 baking dish OR put in cupcake papers and have divided for fun individual servings.  (If you use cupcake papers lessen your cooking time.)  Bake at 350o for 30-40 min. until set.  For variations sprinkle cranberries, blueberries, almonds, or mini-chocolate chips on top!  Serve warm and enjoy!



Weight LAST week: 209.4
THIS week: 208.6
GOALS:  working out more often and decreasing my time to get to 2 miles!  I started on the treadmill again last month and wasn't even able to stay on for 30 minutes!  Now I'm up to 30 minutes and running 2 miles in 27.5 minutes.  I'm aiming for 3 miles in 35 minutes by the end of April so...we'll see how it goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave me a Message!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP