Powered by Blogger.

If You Always Do What You've Always Done...

>> 8.06.2011

Mission of the Month


... you’re gonna get what you’ve always gotten.”  I’m not sure if this is the official quote, but it’s something like that.  I’ve been spending the last week thinking over what my mission for this month would be—and coming up with nothing really concrete.  Oh, there’s much to be done, but nothing that I could say was my “mission” (that word carries a heavy connotation for me.)  Well, today, as I was once again frustrated by the state of me and the state of my home, it became REALLY clear what my next month’s mission needs to be: daily disciplines.  (This is going to take far longer than just a month to “accomplish”!)  There are spiritual disciplines (which are definitely important to develop) and then there are just plain ol’ “every day disciplines”; such as not going to bed with a pile of laundry on the floor at the foot of your bed! =) 

The daily disciplines I’d like to develop are:

·     Waking up at a consistent time before the children get up (I absolutely abhor this one – I was not designed to face the world before 8 am—not sure why God gave me children that all love to wake up an hour earlier than that.)

·    Daily quiet time with the Lord (I will extend grace to myself to allow this to be even just 15 minutes!  That’d be a good start, anyway, as long as it’s DAILY!)

·    Kitchen counters cleaned before bed

·    My bedroom cleaned before bed (all clothes/shoes put away – you know, anything that may cause harm or personal irritation if tripped over during the night/ next day like two of my children did this last week=)

I could list several others, but I think this is a good start.  Perhaps more for next month, right?  Love to know YOUR monthly mission, mothers!  Accountability is good.



Mission Accomplished


** As for last month’s mission, I feel pretty good about where I got.  (I’d show pictures, but my lovely new camera was just broken due to an accident including falling from a counter.  Even in it’s case, it didn’t survive real well.)  I did three new Montessori activites with the two littles this past week, the last of the school forms/ plans will be finished this weekend and the school room design is completed.  We also just brought in the last of the boxes from the garage and they will be unpacked today.  Yea for surviving the first month after a move!!!! **

7 comments:

Heather August 6, 2011 at 3:16 PM  

Those are great goals--very similar to ones I've set for myself this month. I've been terrible about blogging, but I'll try to post mine soon. :)

Homeschooling Momtographer August 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM  

Great goals! :)

P.S. Oh no! Did you drop the D7000? =O

emily August 7, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

I feel like starting a blog just so I can do a Mama's Mission post:) I like your goals, and I hope this month is successful! Wanna call each other at 6:30 every morning?:)

Mama Jenn August 7, 2011 at 11:22 PM  

Thanks for participating Kristen! I TOTALLY know what you mean about getting up before the kids! That's a tough one for me too! But, in a strange way, the day seems to flow so much better when I do get up earlier!

Anonymous,  August 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

I'll call ya every morning when I wake up if you want... :) It's usually between 6 and 6:15. Since I've started getting up before Claire my days go SO much smoother! And I never dreamed 30 minutes of reading my Bible could go by so fast and I'm left wishing for more time! I think my Mission will be to get to the end of this pregnancy without complaining to Matt so much, and try to cherish my last few weeks with just my Claire Bear.

~ Kristen J. ~ August 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

Ladies, I just figured out how to post a comment on my own blog. LOL!!! (Good thing I can count on myself for a good laugh once in a while! @Em. and "Annon."; YES! But...instead of calling, perhaps we could just txt? Ringing bells are don't help my early morning mood...=)

~ Kristen J. ~ August 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

@ HSMomtog: YES!! It was dropped by one of the children and even tho it was in its case, it landed just right and broke lens off the body-- now there's a pin that won't hold it in place. Hopefully it can get repaired quickly so I can get the sm. business up and running a little quicker.=)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave me a Message!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP