Powered by Blogger.

THM Recipes, Recipes!

>> 4.13.2013

Alright, friends.  Last I left you I had just received my very own copy of Trim Healthy Mama by Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett.  (Have I ever told you I wish I could write a book that would be so much needed and so well received?  Selfish dream...but there, none the less!)  Anyway, I have now spent only 4 days trying to put into practice the words of wisdom in this book and I'm down...2.8 lbs!  I've always known that whatever I eat effects my weight one way or the other, but it truly is an amazing thing to realize that every. single. bit. counts-- and when it counts the RIGHT way, I'll be fast on my way to losing what so desperately needs to be lost-- a massive amount of weight!

So, for today, I just really wanted to share with you two of my favorite recipes I've made thus far. These are two wonderfully tasty recipes that are SUPER low in the glycemic index-- which means no blood sugar spike-- which means no crazy insulin action going on-- which means, proper food digestion and burning of fat that MUST GO!

"Loaded Fotato Soup" 

Ingredients:
Cauliflower (1/2 12 oz bag)
Chicken broth, fat-free (2 cups)
Light Laughing Cow cheese (1 wedge)
Turkey bacon bits (optional-- if you want it "loaded"-- I didn't have any and it was still great)
Glucomannan or xanthan gum (sprinkles of)
Sea Salt, other seasonings as you desire (pepper, garlic, etc.)
Green onion (also optional)

Directions:
1. Tenderize cauliflower in (simmering) chicken broth.  (I did mine in a pan...I'm sure you could use a microwave, but then there are those that are a bit against microwaving so...tenderize however you want!)
2. Scoop out tender cauliflower and place in blender.  (I have used my Ninja more in the last week than I had since I got it at Christmas time!  I never knew you could use blenders to make meals!  I don't get in the kitchen often, obviously.)  Blenderize (I like the sound of that) until desired consistency.  Put back in chicken broth.
3. Add 1 cheese wedge to broth in pan. Disperse it with a spoon, whisk, whatever. 
4. Season with sea salt, pepper, etc.  Serene and Pearl add nutritional yeast for its superfood benefits but I've yet to get mine in the mail=)
5. Add in turkey bits if you like/have.
6. Thicken soup with sprinkles of glucomannan or xanthan gum.  Do so little by little whisking briskly.  Get it to a normal potato soup consistency.  (This week I used xanthan gum while I wait for yes, the package in the mail that also contains my glucomannan.)
7. Garnish with optional green onion.  (Which I did because I can't have white onions while dealing with this IBS business so I love green onions now!)

This made PLENTY for one serving and filled me up!  In fact, it was too much.  I shared the left overs with my daughter who seems to love eating everything.  I even shared a few spoonfuls with my {very picky eater} husband who also enjoyed it.  (Wasn't exactly the same consistency, mind you, but he didn't know WHAT it was until I told him.  He said he "would eat" it again.  Whew!  One recipe down...several more to try to convince him of!)


"Time Healthy Pancakes"
Ingredients:  Old Fashioned Oats, low-fat cottage cheese, egg white, baking powder, sweetener, vanilla

Directions:
1. Put 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats into...BLENDER...and blenderize (I know that isn't a word, don't you worry.  I just like the sound of it too much...) until it becomes a powder.
2. Add to powdered oats, 1 Cup liquid egg whites.
3. Add 1 Cup cottage cheese.
4. Add 2 tsp. baking powder (they recommend aluminum free, of course), and sweetener (2-3 tsp Truvia), and a dash of vanilla.  (I also added some cinnamon.)
5. Blend all of these ingredients well.  It will become a thick mess-- but all contained in your blender!  (FABulous!)
6. Ladle out onto skillet or pan in desired pancake size. 

These tasted and looked like the "real" thing.  I topped them with some yogurt and raspberries and they were delish!  This recipe should make 9 medium sized and they call a serving 3 of them.  That was plenty for me.  Store extras in the fridge separated by paper towels or they will stick to each other.  Now I have breakfast ready for the week days when time is more of an essential.


Try 'em!  Let me know how it goes...and buy the book!  (Or ask your mom for it for your birthday like I did!;)






1 comments:

Tashena September 9, 2015 at 8:03 AM  

These 2 recipes sound DELICIOUS!
Definitely going to try these!!!
Thank you!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave me a Message!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP