Powered by Blogger.

Treasuring Life

>> 10.20.2011

These past few weeks have been a blur -- the moments have only been interrupted by changing yet another load of sheets or towels or clothes that show the wear of my sick family members.  I think I've left the house maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 14 + days?  Usually, my response to this would be unmentionable, but this time around, as I've prayed for a better heart attitude, I'm finding peace amidst the mess and strain of caring for others and I've come to the point where day upon day I can see that God is answering my prayers and I've actually enjoyed every moment with my children and husband.  I know this should be characterizing my entire life, but let's face it-- sometimes those you live with drive you the most crazy and inside, out of pure selfishness, your heart can begin to cry "Get Me Outta Here!"  The last thing you want is one more person touching, clinging, calling, blah, blah, blah-- all for you.

In a small group I'm able to attend during our homeschool co-op mornings, we've been reading through Carolyn Mahaney's book, Feminine Appeal.  It's been out for a few years now and had been on my "to read someday" book list so I was thrilled to find out that we were going to read through it together and study Titus 2.  I've studied this passage many times before, and each time I have blessed by the awesome reminder of my responsibilities -- and PRIVILEGES -- God has granted me through motherhood.  If you would, take a moment to read through the passage and if I'm allowed another post anytime soon, I'll comment there.  (Verses 3-5 are the emphasis of the book.)

1 You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine. 2 Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. (taken from here)


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Leave me a Message!

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP